Our Maintenance staff is responsible for the general cleanliness and light maintenance activities to ensure a safe, orderly, and inviting facility. This position works closely with and follows directions from the Facility Manager and Global Facility Director.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly checklists and cleaning duties
- Comply with work order system to include interpreting work orders, performing work requested and completing work orders per instruction and ensure their completion to satisfaction.
- Maintain cleanliness of all restrooms, breakrooms, common areas, and conference rooms throughout the facility; ensure supplies are refilled as needed.
- Ensure property common areas looks clean, safe, and ensure that it meets company guidelines.
- Respond quickly and efficiently to cleanliness emergencies (spills, messy bathrooms, unbagged trash etc.)
- Perform minor maintenance requests including light bulb replacement, paint touch-ups, minor plumbing repairs, HVAC troubleshooting furniture and equipment moves and similar tasks.
- Sanitize daily or more often as needed, all high-touch and high-use areas including restrooms, collaboration areas, and equipment used by multiple staff.
- Maintain loading dock areas and trash receptacles & enclosures to maintain a clean environment.
- Removal of office waste, recycling, and event production waste
- Keep sidewalk, entrances, and stairs clean and free of snow and other hazards.
- Maintain inventory of cleaning materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Escort contractors needing access to the facility as needed.
- Detect and report defective materials or unsafe working conditions to Management.
- Follows established procedures set by Management.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures and adheres to company standards.
- Meeting room set configurations.
- All other duties, functions, miscellaneous special requests, and tasks as assigned in a timely, efficient, and safe manner.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in building maintenance and/or janitorial services.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to comfortably lift 50 pounds.
- Superb attention to detail - ability to catch and fix errors before they become emergencies.
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Willingness to work on a team and have the desire to learn and grow every day
Strong inter-personal skills; this position requires interactions with contractors, clients, and employees up to and including Executives.
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing or HVAC systems (can be light)