At MRI, our company culture is more than a talking point – it’s what makes us shine! We value your hard work and encourage you to be your whole self while you do it. Passion, integrity, and inclusion mixed with a healthy dose of fun is what makes us the best fit for your next career move!
MRI Software is seeking a Staff Accountant to join our team at our Global Headquarters in Solon, OH! (This is a hybrid position; 2 days in office)
This position will assist in administering all levels of accounting and special projects as needed by management.
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts; general ledger operations, prepare and post journal entries
- Assist with month-end close and preparation of monthly financial statements, monthly financial reports, account reconciliations, etc.
- Record financial transactions in accordance with company policies
- Assist with preparation and coordination of the global financial statement audit
- Play a key role in tax-related matters including sales tax (vendor and customer side) and income tax related matters in concert with 3rd party service providers
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- Analyze and interpret financial data, trends, variances to forecast and budget and other financial analyses
- Prepare weekly monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports for management
- Help with treasury and cash flow activities
- Play an integral role in revenue recognition, contract organization, and deferred revenue waterfalls
- Provide value in acquisition-related due diligence or integration activities
- Various other projects, as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong skills with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Adept at using technology including a variety of software packages/online portals/Cloud-based systems to capture, analyze and record information
- Strong work ethic, follows instructions, raises issues, good communication skills, solicits feedback to improve performance
- Willing to work extended time frames during month-end close and any other periods of critical financial activities
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Reviews work, self-starter, a focus on accuracy, planning, organizing, scheduling and monitoring
- Strong initiative, clear summaries of analyses and problem-solving skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-4 years accounting experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles and financial reporting
- Previous experience of general accounting, GAAP
- Proficiency in relevant accounting software
- CPA and audit experience is perferred
Our total rewards include:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plan Options
- 20 Days - Paid Time Off
- 401K, includes matching & Roth
- Flexi Any-Day (knock 2.5 hours off of your day 6 (six) times a year)
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Unique perks such as a wedding limo, giveaways, holiday-themed celebrations, service awards, and much more…
- Variety of community engagement opportunities & charitable donation matches
MRI Software named a 2023 Top Workplace by NorthCoast 99!
MRI continues to strive to amaze as a global industry leader in real estate software. Whether you are joining as a new pride member or bringing your expertise back, your talent is important to maintaining MRI’s high client experience standard and continuing our growth in the PropTech space.
MRI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.