Furniture Repair Technician | NYC
Fernish is growing and we are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic individual who wants to join our team in Secaucus, NJ! Our ideal candidate has experience in being a handyman, furniture carpentry, and wood refinishing (refurbishment, painting, and laminates). Prior experience sanding with a belt sander is a plus.
Hours: Mon-Fri 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Location: Secaucus, NJ
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Ability to focus on the task at hand
- Willingness to learn
- 2+ years as a Carpenter/Handyman working with wood/pressed wood
- Color matching
- Knowledge of Power tools (i.e., belt sander, pneumatic compressor, power drill)
- Hand Sanding - various grades
- Painting - aerosol cans and spray gun
- Ability to lift, lower, push, or pull furniture up to and in excess of 100lbs (with assistance if needed)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. or verifiable references
- Certification in refurbishment (wood repair) is a plus
What makes this a great opportunity?
- Given the size of the company and the speed at which we are growing, your work will significantly impact the direction and growth of the company.
- Joining this team will give you an unparalleled opportunity to grow quickly in your career.
Fernish makes it effortless for people to create their ideal home. We offer premium furniture and décor for bite-size monthly payments. Customers can live with their items for as long as they want and decide later what to keep, return, or swap out.
The company was founded in December 2017 and is backed by Khosla Ventures, RET Ventures, Techstars, PLG Ventures, and a group of notable angel investors, including Jeff Wilke (Amazon's CEO of Worldwide Consumer), Scott Cook (Intuit founder), Spencer Rascoff (Co-founder, Zillow, Hotwire & dot.LA) and more. We have been featured in The New York Times, Fast Company, Forbes, Entrepreneur, and Vox, among other local and national publications (see details here).
- Care for the communal: We care for our team, our customers, the communities we serve, and the environment.
- Be empowered: We value ideas and initiatives, and encourage action.
- Embrace humor: We take our work seriously, but don't take ourselves too serious.
- Disagree without being disagreeable: We encourage open, honest and respectful exchanges of ideas and opinions.
- Always get better: We encourage everyone to ask questions, never stop learning, and never settling for the status quo.
- Drive the mission: We exist to help people and make their lives more simple, flexible, and sustainable.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You MUST BE AUTHORIZED to work in the United States. We are currently not in a position to sponsor visas and the like as we're too early in the incarnation of this business.'
Starting at: $21.00 per hour
Something looks off?