Furniture Repair Technician | Los Angeles
Fernish is growing! We are seeking a handy, detail-oriented, and organized individual. The ideal applicant may have a history and passion for woodworking and some upholstery experience. As a furniture repair technician, you will be responsible for the repair and restoration process of assembled furniture and upholstery. From time to time, this position may include in-home repair work. You’ll be collaborating closely with the warehouse, customer experience, and operations teams.
What you get to do
- Maintain inventory and stock records within refurbishing department and order supplies required to perform daily tasks
- Adhere to all standard operating procedures and ensure daily/weekly/monthly performance levels are achieved
- Strong commitment to safety policies and procedures and ability to promote awareness with team members
- Evaluate damages and select appropriate methods of repair and/or restoration for wood furniture, leather, fabric, and upholstery
Your Background Likely Includes
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with wood furniture, leather, veneers, laminates, and upholstery
- Comfort in using necessary tools/machinery
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working with hands and displays an aptitude for craftsmanship and carpentry services
- Efficiency with color matching and blending
- Wood repairs including scratches, dents, and splits
- Upholstery repairs including structural/internal mechanism replacements
- Ability to lift, lower, push, or pull furniture up to and in excess of 100lb (with assistance if needed)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Certification in Furniture Repair/Restoration, preferred
Fernish makes it effortless for people to create their ideal home. We offer premium furniture and décor for bite-size monthly payments. Customers can live with their items for as long as they want, and decide later what to keep, return, or swap out.
The company was founded December 2017 and is backed by Khosla Ventures, RET Ventures, Techstars, PLG Ventures, and a group of notable angel investors, including Jeff Wilke (Amazon's CEO of Worldwide Consumer), Scott Cook (Intuit founder), Spencer Rascoff (Co-founder, Zillow, Hotwire & dot.LA) and more. We have been featured in The New York Times, Fast Company, Forbes, Entrepreneur, and Vox among other local and national publications (see details here).
We recently closed a $15M Series A funding round during the COVID-19 pandemic. This allows us to grow the team, and expand to markets beyond the Greater Los Angeles area, Orange County, and Seattle. Get in early and make an impact!
- Care for the communal: We care for our team, our customers, the communities we serve, and the environment.
- Be empowered: We value ideas and initiatives, and encourage action.
- Embrace humor: We take our work seriously, but don't take ourselves too serious.
- Disagree without being disagreeable: We encourage open, honest and respectful exchanges of ideas and opinions.
- Always get better: We encourage everyone to ask questions, never stop learning, and never settling for the status quo.
- Drive the mission: We exist to help people and make their lives more simple, flexible, and sustainable.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Fernish is a signatory to the PledgeLA commitment. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We encourage all to apply - you will be welcomed and included as our team member and valued for your contributions and who you are!
Starting Pay Range: $20.00 - $21.50 per hour