Delivery & Warehouse Associate | San Diego
Fernish is growing! We are hiring Delivery & Warehouse Associates to support our growing operations in Los Angeles and Seattle. You’ll be collaborating closely with the warehouse, customer experience, and operations teams.
What you get to do
- Follow cleaning and organization procedures in order to support safe and efficient warehouse operations
- Be a member of the delivery & warehouse team while providing an exceptional experience to customers.
- Represent the brand proudly as you navigate entering our customers’ homes and interacting with them in person.
- Complete a route of deliveries and/or pickups, including in-home assembly and trash removal.
- Assist in properly loading and unloading our fleet of vehicles each day.
- Carry out the following warehouse demands on a daily basis:
- Inbound receiving, labeling, and stocking of new items
- Inbound receiving of items picked up from customers
- Refurbishment, cleaning, and sanitizing of returned furniture items
- Picking, staging, and assembly of items to be delivered to customers
- Loading and unloading of trucks
- Maintain accurate records of inventory location and condition, while assisting in cycle and inventory counts
Your Background Likely Includes
- Minimum of 1 year experience in delivery and/or warehouse operations
- Background working with furniture or other large goods that involve assembly is a plus!
- Providing exceptional customer service
- A high attention to detail
- Excited about joining a startup
- A passion for our mission and values
- Ability to lift & move heavy furniture
Fernish makes it effortless for people to create their ideal home. We offer premium furniture and décor for bite-size monthly payments. Customers can live with their items for as long as they want, and decide later what to keep, return, or swap out.
The company was founded December 2017 and is backed by Khosla Ventures, RET Ventures, Techstars, PLG Ventures, and a group of notable angel investors, including Jeff Wilke (Amazon's CEO of Worldwide Consumer), Scott Cook (Intuit founder), Spencer Rascoff (Co-founder, Zillow, Hotwire & dot.LA) and more. We have been featured in The New York Times, Fast Company, Forbes, Entrepreneur, and Vox among other local and national publications (see details here).
We recently closed a $15M Series A funding round during the COVID-19 pandemic. This allows us to grow the team, and expand to markets beyond the Greater Los Angeles area, Orange County, and Seattle. Get in early and make an impact!
- Care for the communal: We care for our team, our customers, the communities we serve, and the environment.
- Be empowered: We value ideas and initiatives, and encourage action.
- Embrace humor: We take our work seriously, but don't take ourselves too serious.
- Disagree without being disagreeable: We encourage open, honest and respectful exchanges of ideas and opinions.
- Always get better: We encourage everyone to ask questions, never stop learning, and never settling for the status quo.
- Drive the mission: We exist to help people and make their lives more simple, flexible, and sustainable.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Fernish is a signatory to the PledgeLA commitment. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We encourage all to apply - you will be welcomed and included as our team member and valued for your contributions and who you are!
Starting Pay Range: $18.25 Per Hour