Distribution Specialist I (PHL)
[This position can be based across the Philippines; we included a city because some job boards require it]
As a Distribution Specialist I, you will play an important role in Kasa's success by building, updating, and maintaining property listings on direct and third-party channels. You will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure listing accuracy, maximize visibility, and generate demand through these channels.
How you will make an impact
- Listing Creation
- When Kasa launches new properties, we need to build new listings so guests can learn about the new properties and book reservations. You’ll build listings in our internal systems and publish listings on kasa.com and third-party channels.
- While preparing to build these listings, you’ll gather the required property information from cross-functional stakeholders, including Real Estate, Revenue Management, Marketing, and Launch teams.
- After building listings and prior to publishing, you’ll keep up-to-date on timelines and last minute property changes so our listings go live at the right time and with accurate details.
- After listings go live and guests start arriving, you’ll collaborate with our Senior Reputation Specialist and Guest Experience team to resolve any accuracy issues in the listing content.
- Listing Maintenance
- Over the lifetime of a listing, many property details can change. The channel (direct or third-party) can also add new content fields for us to complete. These changes mean we must continually maintain our listings across all channels.
- You’ll respond to and take action on tickets submitted by cross-functional stakeholders that contain requests for listing changes.
- You’ll add or modify listing content across direct and third-party channels.
- You’ll restructure or remove listings or room types as needed to account for inventory changes.
- Connectivity Support
- Kasa uses several internal systems and vendors to power our online distribution. You’ll be a key link between the support teams of the various systems to ensure our listings stay active and problem-free.
- You’ll research bugs and content discrepancies to find the root cause of the issue and solve it.
- You’ll create and follow up on support tickets with our software vendors to ensure all issues reach resolution.
- Ad Hoc Projects
- Together with the Distribution and Marketing teams, you’ll complete ad hoc projects that help us reach our strategic goals.
- You’ll have an active role in the project planning process, tracking your progress, and resolving any hurdles that come up along the way.
- Projects may include listing audits, portfolio-wide content adjustments, or new distribution channel launches.
- Role OKR: All new listings are published at least 2 weeks before their slated first check-in date.
- Example initiative: Build and publish listings for a new multifamily property that will open in April.
- Role OKR: Accuracy scores across all listings stay above company targets.
- Example initiative: Conduct an audit of all Booking.com listings to ensure pet fees and cleaning fees are correctly loaded.
- Role OKR: Listing change tickets are resolved within the appropriate SLAs.
- Example initiative: Resolve a ticket that contains a request to correct the cancellation policy on a third-party listing.
- Strong Communicator: Our work involves a lot of communication (especially written - in Slack, Notion, and email) with internal and external stakeholders. You’ll be expected to clearly articulate listing issues, progress updates, and requests for information in a way that achieves the results we want.
- Attention to Detail: Our properties are all unique, and they contain hundreds of small details that can make or break a guest’s booking decision. It’s crucial that these details are accurately represented on our listings so that we continue booking revenue and building a positive reputation for Kasa.
- Super Adaptable: When working with third-party systems and channels, we encounter new features and changes to our interfaces all the time. You’ll need to demonstrate flexibility to learn and adapt to these changes on the fly.
- Team Player: Kasa’s distribution strategy isn’t executed by just one person; you’ll be working closely with a team of Distribution and Marketing experts who are responsible for various pieces of our listings. In addition, you’ll partner closely with Portfolio Operations, Real Estate, Finance, Tech, and Brand teams.
- Detective skills: When building listings, making listing updates, or troubleshooting discrepancies, we want to get to the root cause and discover the truth rather than putting a bandaid on a more complex situation. This might mean asking for more information than what’s initially given, doing your own research, or looking for similar cases to see how something was resolved in the past.
Who We Are
Kasa is a Real Estate Technology company that is building a global accommodations brand unlike any other. We partner with owners of multifamily, single-family, and boutique hospitality properties, transforming underutilized real estate into stylishly furnished, professionally managed units that cater to business and leisure travelers alike. We took the best that hotels and short-term rentals had to offer and created a new class of hospitality that is well-priced, trustworthy, and offers a large selection of great locations!
Behind the scenes, we build technology that combines with our innovative operations to grow a globally scalable offering that delivers high-quality stays. Our guests enjoy seamless check-ins, spacious apartments, and attractive amenities, helping them feel right at home. If anything comes up, our remote guest experience team is available 24/7, ensuring our hospitality is always felt, though rarely seen.
Kasa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Kasa Living is an E-Verify participant. We will verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States by matching information employees provide on the form i-9 against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). You may find more information here and here.
Kasa does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or People & Talent team.
The Kasa Talent Acquisition team will only communicate from email addresses that use the URLs kasa.com and us.greenhouse-mail.io. We will not use apps such as Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, or Google Hangouts for communicating with you. We will never ask you to send us money or technology to work for our company. If you believe you are a scam victim, please review your local government consumer protections guidance and reach out to them directly. US-based applicants may refer to this article from consumer.ftc.gov for more details.