Senior Full-Stack Engineer - remote
This role is fully remote and requires a commitment of 40 hours per week from the contractor to collaborate effectively with our team.
About the Team
- Maintain and raise the bar for engineering standards by making sure that the code is secure, performant, scalable, and of high-quality
- Work together with product managers, designers, and other engineers to find, rank, and implement solutions for challenging business issues pertaining to pricing strategies, inventory control, demand forecasting, revenue optimization, and customer segmentation
- Create excellent technical specification documents that outline a software solution's requirements, architecture, design, and implementation specifics, as well as its testing needs and deployment strategies
- Develop strategies in close collaboration with the accounting and finance departments to ensure that financial objectives are met and that financial reporting laws and regulations are followed
- Effectively communicate with all organizational stakeholders, even those who are not technically oriented, in order to comprehend business requirements and offer solutions that address them
- Lead by example on technical and business matters pertaining to our revenue management systems and procedures, and take part in formulating the team's overarching plan
- Participate actively in building the team culture by encouraging cooperation, creativity, and ongoing education
- Showcase an ability to function without elaborate instructions or set procedures
- Assume complete responsibility for the designated product areas, and be enabled and obligated to make choices at all levels of the stack
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience as a full-stack engineer
- At least 5+ years of software engineering experience within the tech industry
- Extensive experience working with TypeScript
- Proven experience developing server-side Node.js applications using frameworks like Nest.js or Express.js
- Proficiency with relational and non-relational database technologies, including PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB, and MySQL
- Demonstrable expertise in setting up and managing cloud-based web applications, such as AWS
- In-depth knowledge of microservice-based serverless architectures, such as Google Cloud Functions, AWS Lambda, and Serverless Framework
- Comprehensive understanding of the patterns of event-driven communication (sns, sqs)
- Extensive knowledge of agile processes and short iteration cycles
- Good emotional intelligence and the ability to elicit strong empathy in both guests and team members, allowing them to genuinely perceive and act upon comments on the product
- Some experience drafting technical specification documents and collaborating closely with product management
- Prior expertise in developing a financial management system with forecasting, payments, billing, accounting, tax systems, pricing, and other features is nice
- Strong background managing Stripe-like payment workflows is preferred
- Strong DevOps background with knowledge of CDK, Fargate, Terraform, and Kubernetes is desirable
- Nice to have some prior experience in a fast-paced, early-stage business setting
- Desirable traits include a passion for adventure, travel, and/or hospitality
- Fluent in English communication, both spoken and written
In one year, you will succeed at Kasa by
- Take ownership of one or more product subcategories within the team.
- Improved our code quality by writing elegant, well-tested, maintainable code
- Investigated and introduced open-source technologies that allow us to grow and scale for the future
Curious about the Kasa experience? Save 15% when you book on kasa.com
Who We Are
Kasa is a Real Estate Technology company that is building a global accommodations brand unlike any other. We partner with owners of multifamily, single-family, and boutique hospitality properties, transforming underutilized real estate into stylishly furnished, professionally managed units that cater to business and leisure travelers alike. We took the best that hotels and short-term rentals had to offer and created a new class of hospitality that is well-priced, trustworthy, and offers a large selection of great locations!
Behind the scenes, we build technology that combines with our innovative operations to grow a globally scalable offering that delivers high-quality stays. Our guests enjoy seamless check-ins, spacious apartments, and attractive amenities, helping them feel right at home. If anything comes up, our remote guest experience team is available 24/7, ensuring our hospitality is always felt, though rarely seen.
Kasa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Kasa Living is an E-Verify participant. We will verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States by matching information employees provide on the form i-9 against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). You may find more information here and here.
Kasa does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or People & Talent team.
The Kasa Talent Acquisition team will only communicate from email addresses that use the URLs kasa.com and us.greenhouse-mail.io. We will not use apps such as Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, or Google Hangouts for communicating with you. We will never ask you to send us money or technology to work for our company. If you believe you are a scam victim, please review your local government consumer protections guidance and reach out to them directly. US-based applicants may refer to this article from consumer.ftc.gov for more details.