Senior Application Engineer
Senior Application Engineer
Do you want to join the brightest team in tech where you can collaborate, nerd out, and build the future?
What you will be doing:
Our User Software teams are building an ecosystem of local-first web applications that enable PassiveLogic’s autonomous systems platform. Our software applications enable users to collaboratively create physics-based models of the components from which autonomous systems are comprised, simulate the buildings in which autonomous systems will run, and generatively design autonomous systems with a human-centered interface to interact with their systems — no more black box AI.
We use empathetic Human-Computer-Interface (HCI) principles in our design, and TypeScript, WebGL, SVG, and reactive dataflow in our code. As part of our long-term vision, we are developing constraint-based layout engines, AI-enabled generative design capabilities, and exploring the use of Swift compiled to WebAssembly to improve the usability of our code across many platforms.
- Design and implement front-end architecture to support native-quality web applications for multi-platform deployment
- Be a systems-level thinker who researches before they act and values sound processes and broad thinking
- Contribute across teams to build our technology and celebrate our shared successes. Be impact-driven, seek to be a good employee, neighbor, and global citizen
- Prioritize execution, stability, and velocity within our shared architecture. Focus on short-term wins, long-term vision, pride in the impact of our products, and delivering a “wow” customer experience
- Nerd out about your craft
PassiveLogic is disrupting the world of automation with the first generalized platform for autonomy. Our first application for autonomy is buildings — the largest and most complex controlled infrastructure in the economy. Our culture is built on bringing together the most talented engineers, thinkers, and creatives — backed by the world’s leading investors — working collaboratively together to build the future we envision.
PassiveLogic’s infinitely configurable platform enables users to design their own custom autonomous systems. We've reinvented the fundamental principles of automation to replace legacy control logic with real-time control decisions at the edge, reducing the world’s carbon footprint, while paving the way for the future of smart cities. We are looking for team members who have a passion for technology and want to work on real-world solutions to some of the toughest problems.
You must have:
- 5+ years experience in software engineering, computer science, front-end web-application development, or a related field
- Strong algorithms, data structures, and coding background
- Experience with user interface frameworks (e.g. UI Kit, Swift UI, React, Vue, etc.)
- Extraordinary teammate with excellent interpersonal skills
You should have:
- Experience developing and using design systems
- Experience with the architectural patterns found in large-scale web applications, including well-designed APIs, high-volume data pipelines, and efficient algorithms.
It’s helpful to have:
- Familiarity with SVG programming (e.g. SVG.js, Snap.js)
- Familiarity with 3D programming (e.g. WebGL, WebGPU, Three.js)
- Experience implementing tools for analyzing and exploring large real-time data sets
- Experience with several programming paradigms, such as object-oriented, functional, data-driven, protocol oriented, and/or reactive programing
- Exposure to distributed data tools, frameworks, and methodologies (e.g. OT, CRDT, RealmDB, AWS AppSync)
- Exposure to WebAssembly
Compensation, Perks, & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Equity share
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, FSA, HSA, Disability, and Term Life Insurance
- Flex PTO
- Well-stocked break room snacks and catered lunch Monday through Friday
- Free ski passes (We are at the base of Big Cottonwood Canyon)
- Free National Park passes
We push our performance personally as well as professionally, and we do respect flexible hours around well-earned powder days
To apply for this position:
- A cover letter telling us why you're the perfect candidate for PassiveLogic
- A resume
- Include a link to a project (of any type) you personally created, devised, built, managed, organized, or designed that was of your own self-initiative
We are looking for practitioners who are passionate about understanding people, committed to lifelong learning, and driven by the love of what they do. We know there are candidates who might not fit everything we’ve described above, or who might have experience and skills we haven’t considered. If that’s you, please apply.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity, inclusion, and belonging are woven into our values and everything we do. We welcome all — come as you are and bring your whole self. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity every day by maintaining a safe and inclusive environment for our employees at every stage of their careers.
Unsolicited resumes sent to PassiveLogic, including unsolicited resumes sent to PassiveLogic business mailing address, email address, or directly to PassiveLogic employees, will be considered PassiveLogic property. PassiveLogic will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
- Software Engineering
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
PassiveLogic's mission is to empower people through generative autonomy to solve the world’s largest climate challenges. We are disrupting the world of automation with the first platform for generalized autonomy — and we're tackling buildings first. Buildings are the largest controlled infrastructure in the economy and they consume 41% of the world's energy resources. The opportunity for impact is unparalleled.
Our culture is built on bringing together the most talented engineers, thinkers, and creatives — backed by the world’s leading investors — working collaboratively across disciplines to make the future we envision a reality.
PassiveLogic’s infinitely configurable platform enables users to design their own custom autonomous systems. We've reinvented the fundamental principles of automation to replace legacy control logic with real-time control decisions at the edge, reducing the world’s carbon footprint, while paving the way for the future of smart cities. We are looking for team members who have a passion for technology and want to work on cutting-edge solutions to real-world problems.
Senior Application Engineer
Already working at PassiveLogic?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.