Product Engineer, PropTech
Nashville, TN, USA
Posted on Wednesday, December 13, 2023
Picket is a technology-powered real estate company that is transforming the single-family home rental market at every stage of the value chain, from the way investors acquire and manage high-quality rental properties, to the quality, service, and flexibility residents enjoy when they live in them.
Our proprietary Decision Science platform uses advanced data science and machine learning to identify homes that fit investor criteria and optimize portfolio management and performance at scale.
We are seeking a Nashville-based software developer who has passion and ability to lead the development of “full-stack” customer-facing real estate product at a fast pace. Success in this role absolutely and unequivocally requires experience in and a passion for the PropTech industry sector. This can be demonstrated through professional experience, or a history of personal investing and income generation (i.e., not buying or selling your own home). However, this experience is essential and candidates without it cannot be considered.
You will work directly and intimately with product leaders, Fortune-500 clients, real estate professionals, and teammates to build, deploy, and iterate on amazing products on a frequent launch cadence - sometimes weekly! We have employed several technologies, but the product engineer would likely be working with ReactJS on the frontend and NodeJS on the backend.
- Passion for, experience in, and knowledge of real estate
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience
- Experience building, supporting, and scaling REST APIs
- Some experience in SQL or noSQL DBs
- Understanding of SW lifecycle including best practices in testing and deployment
- Some exposure to UI/UX design, research, workflows, and tools are a plus but not required.
- Familiarity with Git, Linux, and similar software tools and services
- Technical writing ability, including visual diagramming tools
- Located in the Seattle metro area and willing to commit to a minimum of 40% in-office time
- BS degree from a top engineering university
- In month one you will complete company onboarding and build your own development plan for ownership of a key product area.
- Within first three months, own and launch at least one major product feature set, from inception through post-production support.
- Create and execute on a roadmap for your product areas, accelerating delivery as you ramp and learn.
- Help build out your team and partner teams through recruiting, high-bar interviewing, onboarding, and teaching.
- Gain further understanding of our company's role in the real estate marketplace, housing, geographies, and market characteristics to improve your decision-making and implementation.
By the end of your first year:
We do not accept solicitations from third-party recruiters for any positions. A background check is required for this position. Picket is an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
At Picket Homes, we are building something new and different - come build with us.