Who We Are
SmartRent is a B2B SaaS company that develops innovative smart home solutions for property managers, community staff, and residents of multifamily and single family homes.
We’re doing big things in the proptech world! SmartRent has been recognized as the winner of HousingWire’s Tech100 Real Estate awards for the most innovative tech company serving the mortgage and real estate industries; named #1 in Growjo’s “100 Fastest Growing Companies in Arizona” Awards for 2021; and recognized as a Silver Stevie Winner for Contact Center of the Year in the technology sector—and we’re just getting started.
As an Account Manager, you will engage and maintain relationships with our key clients, identify and book expansion opportunities within your assigned portfolio, and assist with client onboarding. You’ll collaborate cross-functionally with other internal stakeholders to ensure a smooth rollout of SmartRent’s products and services, and overall customer satisfaction. In this position, you will report to one of our Directors of Account Management.
- Lead client onboarding calls at the corporate level which includes; guide clients through our onboarding process, educate clients on specific product use-cases, successfully de-escalate client concerns, and identify potential expansion opportunities to drive additional revenue.
- Effectively communicate action items and assign ownership responsibilities after client calls, ensuring the necessary internal teams complete their tasks and clients are up-to-date on our process.
- Work collaboratively with Sales and Marketing team members on expansion and renewal opportunities to promote client retention within your assigned portfolio.
- Document all communications in our CRM (Salesforce) so that our client records and other internal stakeholders can stay up-to-date.
- Act as a cross-functional team liaison by identifying and tasking issues which require involvement from other internal stakeholders (i.e. sales and operations).
- Coordinate with internal Operations teams to ensure a timely and successful implementation of SmartRent’s products and services.
- Identify areas of improvement within our processes/systems by adding your own suggestions to improve efficiencies.
- Perform other ad hoc projects and activities as requested to help meet company revenue goals and ensure overall client satisfaction.
- Ideally 2-5 years of experience in an Account Management role or a similar position with client relationship management experience.
- Strong client relationship management skills with the ability to handle a sizable portfolio of client accounts and the ability to lead calls with corporate leaders (C-suite executives, VPs, Directors, etc.).
- An understanding of upselling/cross-selling strategies and the ability to influence client retention and revenue expansion opportunities.
- Experience documenting communications and other client information into a CRM software solution (preferably Salesforce).
- Team player with proven ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as presentation skills.
- Enthusiasm and patience to handle client complaints.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- An excellent work ethic with a sense of urgency.
- Proficiency with Google Workplace products.
- Previous experience working for an SaaS company or tech startup with enterprise Hardware/Software solutions.
- Property Management or Multifamily vendor experience.
- Do the hard work and go out of your way to deliver excellence
- Own outcomes and learn from your mistakes
- Are a collaborative and supportive team player; win or lose you lift others up
- Value authenticity, other's perspectives, and diversity in the workplace
- Have a passion for smart tech and the real estate industry