Wi-Fi Network Designer
Who We Are
SmartRent is a B2B SaaS company that develops innovative smart home solutions for property managers, community staff, and residents of multifamily and single family homes.
We’re doing big things in the proptech world! SmartRent has been recognized as the winner of HousingWire’s Tech100 Real Estate awards for the most innovative tech company serving the mortgage and real estate industries; named #1 in Growjo’s “100 Fastest Growing Companies in Arizona” Awards for 2021; and recognized as a Silver Stevie Winner for Contact Center of the Year in the technology sector—and we’re just getting started.
SmartRent is becoming a growing provider of bulk internet solutions for our clients in the multifamily space. We are dedicated to ensuring seamless connectivity and top-tier service for all our clients. To support the demand and growth of our bulk internet solutions, we're seeking an experienced Wi-Fi Network Designer to join our dynamic Operations team. In this position, you will report to our Director of Managed Systems.
- Site Visits & Surveys: Travel regionally and sometimes nationally to visit multifamily properties. Collaborate with low-voltage vendors to conduct comprehensive site surveys to gather necessary data.
- Network Design: Utilizing the information collected during site visits, design comprehensive network solutions that span the entirety of multifamily properties ensuring efficiency and scalability.
- As-Built Designs: Create simple, clear, and accurate as-built designs for units and common areas where wireless connections will need to be provided when necessary.
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Coordinate effectively with multiple vendors, internal teams, and clients. Ensure smooth project flow and timely delivery of network design projects.
- Client Communication: Provide both written and verbal communication to clients, ensuring they are well informed and satisfied with the network design process and results.
- Sales Team Support: Assist the sales team by addressing technical questions related to network designs, enhancing the sales process, and ensuring client satisfaction.
- 2+ years of experience in network design, particularly for multifamily or commercial properties, or bulk internet opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in Network Engineering, Information Technology, or related field. (Or equivalent work experience)
- Proven track record of successfully coordinating with vendors and internal teams.
- Experience with Ekahau or similar network design software.
- Familiarity with Salesforce software and Google Workspace.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving skills and technical proficiency.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong teamwork ethos and a passion for delivering top-notch client service.
- Must be willing to travel out of state up to 75% - 100% (including overnight travel) for site visits and client meetings.
- Do the hard work and go out of your way to deliver excellence
- Own outcomes and learn from your mistakes
- Are a collaborative and supportive team player; win or lose you lift others up
- Value authenticity, other's perspectives, and diversity in the workplace
- Have a passion for smart tech and the real estate industry