Human Resources Business Partner
Who We Are
SmartRent is a B2B SaaS company that develops innovative smart home solutions for property managers, community staff, and residents of multifamily and single family homes.
We’re doing big things in the proptech world! SmartRent has been recognized as the winner of HousingWire’s Tech100 Real Estate awards for the most innovative tech company serving the mortgage and real estate industries; named #1 in Growjo’s “100 Fastest Growing Companies in Arizona” Awards for 2021; and recognized as a Silver Stevie Winner for Contact Center of the Year in the technology sector—and we’re just getting started.
As an integral member of our HR team, you will play a vital role in supporting and enhancing the overall employee experience. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of leave programs, such as Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), paid and unpaid leaves, disability accommodations, and more. In addition, you will work closely with business leaders to provide strategic HR guidance and ensure alignment with our organizational objectives.
- Effectively manage and administer the company’s leave of absence programs, including communication with employees and managers to ensure a seamless process, while remaining in compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Act as a strategic partner, collaborating with business leaders to understand their unique needs and challenges, providing guidance and support.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Address and resolve employee concerns and conflicts, fostering a positive workplace culture.
- Provide guidance on performance management, disciplinary actions, and employee development.
- Conduct exit interviews to gather insights into reasons for leaving and analyze data to identify trends, patterns, and opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date entry of employee data into the HRIS throughout the employee lifecycle.
- Oversee and execute HR tasks beyond the traditional framework.
- Contribute innovative ideas to enhance HR processes.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive HR experience in a HR Business partner role.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing leave of absence processes and policies.
- Proficiency in HRIS systems, experience with Paylocity a plus.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels.
- Proactive approach to identifying issues and implementing effective solutions.
- Adaptable to handling HR responsibilities that go beyond standard expectations.
We offer 100% employer-paid medical coverage, flexible PTO (because we know how important work-life balance is), and competitive 401k and employee stock purchase plans to invest in your future. You’ll fit right in if you’re:
- Do the hard work and go out of your way to deliver excellence
- Own outcomes and learn from your mistakes
- Are a collaborative and supportive team player; win or lose you lift others up
- Value authenticity, other’s perspectives, and diversity in the workplace
- Have a passion for smart tech and the real estate industry