Who We Are
Founded in 2017, SmartRent, Inc. (NYSE: SMRT) is the leading provider of smart home and property operations solutions for the rental housing industry.
We’re doing big things in the proptech world! SmartRent has been recognized as a winner of HousingWire’s Tech100 Real Estate awards in 2021, 2022, and 2023 for the most innovative tech company serving the mortgage and real estate industries; named on Deloitte’s 2023 Technology Fast 500™ list of fastest-growing companies; and our CEO, Lucas Haldeman, was recognized as an EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2023 —and we’re just getting started.
We are actively seeking a Salesforce Developer with a good understanding of the Salesforce platform and coding best practices, who can understand both our current setup and our business objectives, in order to quickly identify areas of improvement and actively develop solutions. As a Salesforce Developer, you should be comfortable with change management and governance, as well as communicating, prioritizing and managing all aspects of a Salesforce development project. This position will require coordination and teamwork with stakeholders at all levels, as well as peers within the Technology Operations department. Job duties will require the ability to translate technical information into terms for non-technical audiences, clearly explaining design options and their potential impact, and performing development tasks to achieve project milestones. In this position, you will report directly to our Director, Technology Operations.
- Work closely with a Tier 1 Service Desk team to coordinate all aspects of user and license management including new user setup/deactivation, roles, profiles, permissions, public groups, OWD, sharing rules.
- Manage Salesforce configuration changes, including (but not limited to): Apex Scripting, Flow, Proces builders, assignment rules, approval processes, fields, page layouts, record types, dynamic layouts, apps, actions, custom settings, mobile administration, dashboards and reports.
- Partner with IT Project Managers to identify and gather requirements, translating into best practice, scalable solutions with a focus on exceptional user experience.
- Following Salesforce best practices, leverage agile methodology for development and documentation, executing technical documentation required for feature roll-out.
- Deploy and manage Salesforce updates from a Sandbox environment into production.
- Identify unused or underutilized platform features.
- Data management to improve Salesforce data quality, implementing rules and automation as needed.
- Proactive monthly system maintenance including Security Reviews, Release Updates, and Change Management reporting per audit compliance.
- Assist with escalated support tickets for end users and internal Tier 1 Service Desk agents.
- Work with integrated applications and technical integrations teams.
- Stay updated on Salesforce releases, new features, and industry trends, and provide recommendations for enhancing development processes and applications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of experience as a Salesforce Developer, Salesforce Administrator, or similar role.
- Salesforce Administrator Certified.
- Extensive experience in the administration, development, and maintenance of Salesforce systems.
- Experience in performing Salesforce upgrades and ensuring successful integrations by delivering custom code.
- Knowledge of basic code customization in Salesforce Integration, Apex class, Test classes, VisualForce pages, Lightning Web components, etc. with an understanding of deploying/migrating Salesforce code from a sandbox environment into production.
- Exceptional ability to create and maintain Salesforce databases.
- In-depth knowledge of Salesforce products and their functionalities.
- Proficiency in creating Salesforce profiles, allocating roles, and managing access.
- Knowledge of importing sales data and generating Salesforce reports.
- Ability to provide Salesforce training and end-user support.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with key stakeholders across the business.
- Adept at time management and able to prioritize multiple projects within a rapidly changing work environment.
- Platform Developer I Certification, Platform App Builder Certification, Salesforce Administrator Advanced Certification, CPQ Specialist Certification, Field Service or Service Cloud Certifications, etc.
- Experience with Google Workspace, Atlassian, and NetSuite ERP.
We offer 100% employer-paid medical coverage, flexible PTO (because we know how important work-life balance is), and competitive 401k and employee stock purchase plans to invest in your future. You’ll fit right in if you’re:
- Do the hard work and go out of your way to deliver excellence
- Own outcomes and learn from your mistakes
- Are a collaborative and supportive team player; win or lose you lift others up
- Value authenticity, other’s perspectives, and diversity in the workplace
- Have a passion for smart tech and the real estate industry